Oblong folio (350 x 260 mm). Unbound. Notated in black ink on 12-stave hand-ruled paper. Watermark: star and "DFI." [i] (blank), 11 pp. Signature of 3 bifolia. Unsigned and undated. A fair copy.
- Andante/All:to in E-flat major, common time
- All:to Vivace in E-flat major, common time
- Marcia da Tartaro Allegretto in B-flat major, cut time
- Tempo di Polacca in F major, 3/4 time
- Marcia trionfale Allegretto Vivace in B-flat major, 2/4 time
Slightly soiled; outer margin of first blank leaf browned; final leaf creased at lower outer corner.
We have been unable to establish either the composer or the scribe. The overall style of writing, with capital F but lowercase p for dynamics (from pp to FF, plus "cres"), occasional use of "8va" and "loco", but sparse articulation and with expressive marks limited to an occasional "dol[ce]", seems to point to ca. 1800. The style is rather simple; the first two pieces are strangely formless (with the first ending on a four-six chord), suggesting that the composer was an amateur. Item #27179
Price: $225.00 other currencies